LETTIE BROWN PTO 2016-2017
PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. The Lettie Brown PTO is a nonprofit group comprised of parents, teachers, and staff dedicated to improving the educational experience of all students at Lettie Brown Elementary School. Our goals are to encourage interaction between family and school, serve as a source of support, and work with teachers, staff, and the community to improve our children’s educational experience. Every parent with a child attending Lettie Brown School is automatically a member of the PTO.
President - Angel Fischer
Vice President - Julia Hischke (309) 263-2092
Secretary - Ginny Weber (309) 453-6934
Treasurer - Heidie Cook (309) 202-5999
PTO MEETING DATES
(Mondays @ 7:00 P.M. in the Music Room)
PTO Minutes -
Meeting Minutes: Lettie Brown PTO
Date: April 24, 2017
Location: Music Room
Meeting Called To Order by: President Jessica Kapustka Time: 7:03pm
The March minutes were read by all and approved by Angel Fisher and Jamie Grethey.
The Treasurer’s report was explained by Heidie Cook. The report was approved by Angel Fisher and Jamie Grethey.
A request to fund the cost for the 6th grade Medieval Craft supplies was voted on and approved. The cost is $175.00.
- Fun Day: Kristen D’Alfonso is the chairperson for Fun Day this year. It will be held on May 18th. The 5th/6th grades will go to Planet X in the morning and return after lunch.
- Teacher Appreciation: Sarah Nieukirk reported that Teacher Appreciation week is May 1st-5th. This year’s theme is Favorite Things. The PTO Hospitality committee will provide lunch on Tuesday. Mom’s in Touch will bring breakfast on Thursday. On Wed. the students will have an opportunity to purchase flowers at the school to give their teacher. All 56 LB staff members will be receiving a $10 Morton Chamber of Commerce gift card from the PTO.
- School Supply Kits: Renee McClain reported that the forms went home mid-April and are due back on May 12th.
- Yearbooks: Olivia Miller reported that the yearbooks are in. They will be delivered to the students the last week of school.
- Box Tops: Tara Pickens will be the Chairperson for Box Tops next school year. The March winning class was 5G. They won a free popcorn Friday. Next collection date is 4/28.
- PTO elections were held. Angel Fisher was elected as President and Shantel Zoss was elected Treasurer.
- The PTO is looking for volunteers for the following Committee positions:
- Art Day (held in the Spring)
- Fast Food Nights
- Carnival Prize Room
- Popcorn Friday
- The 1st quarter earnings from the Kroger Rewards program was $520.00. 66 families participated.
- 6th grade field trip- 5/4
- 6th grade “Step Up” day at Jr. High 5/5
- Spirit Day “Hawaiian day”- 4/28
- Arts in the Park (5/6th grade chorus and 6th grade band)- 5/2
- 5th grade Job Fair 5/10
- School Picnic 5/10
- Kindergarten Graduation- 5/11
- Drama Club presentation at Bertha Frank- 5/17
- Fun Day 5/18
- Awards Day and last day of school (1/2 day)- 5/19
Teacher Appreciation Week- May 1st-5th
Fun Day- May 18th
Meeting was adjourned at 8:01p.m. Minutes compiled by Ginny Weber