LETTIE BROWN PTO 2016-2017
PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. The Lettie Brown PTO is a nonprofit group comprised of parents, teachers, and staff dedicated to improving the educational experience of all students at Lettie Brown Elementary School. Our goals are to encourage interaction between family and school, serve as a source of support, and work with teachers, staff, and the community to improve our children’s educational experience. Every parent with a child attending Lettie Brown School is automatically a member of the PTO.
President - Angel Fischer
Vice President - Julia Hischke (309) 263-2092
Secretary - Ginny Weber (309) 453-6934
Treasurer - Heidie Cook (309) 202-5999
PTO MEETING DATES
(Mondays @ 7:00 P.M. in the Music Room)
PTO Minutes -
Meeting Minutes Lettie Brown PTO
Date: September 25, 2017 Location: Music Room
Meeting called to order by: President Angel Fisher
Time: 7:00 pm
The August PTO meeting minutes were read by all and approved by Barbara Polk and Jamie Sammis.
The Treasurer’s report was explained by Shanel Zoss. The report was approved by Jenny Johnson and Jessica Kapustka.
A request for 2 wobble chairs for Mrs. Scholl’s classroom was voted on and approved. The cost of the chairs is approximately $230.00.
- Walk-a-thon: Jessica Kapustka reported that there were $22,446.00 in donations for Walk-a-thon this year. The 2 top individual winners will be announced on Thursday. The top class will be announced on Friday. Walk day will be Friday 9/29. Thank you to all our parents and business sponsors for helping us reach our goal!
- Spirit Wear: Jenny Johnson reported that the Spirit Wear orders should be delivered by the 2nd week of October.
- Box Tops: Tara Picken reported that the first Box Top collection will take place on October 5th. The top class will be awarded $100.00. Information about collection week will go home with students the last week of September.
- Hospitality Committee: Sarah Neiukirk reported that the committee will be introducing a new format for teacher appreciation. There will be monthly treats/luncheons for the teachers and staff. The committee will be recruiting more volunteers to help bring in food items.
- Fast Food Nights: Angel Fisher reported that Nicole Metz will be the Chairperson this year. She has Kona Ice Truck lined up for September and the Pizza Ranch Night will be held on Jan. 22nd.
- Year Book: Kelley Bradford will head up the year book this school year. Sarah Neiukirk will handle the finances.
- Fun Day: The PTO is looking for a Chairperson for Fun Day. Please contact Angel Fisher if you are interested or need more information.
- National Custodian Day is 10/2.
- District sponsored Community Open House at Lettie Brown will be held Nov. 14th. Invite neighbors to come and see the new classrooms and gym.
- No school on 10/9 and 10/10.
- Parent/Teacher conferences will be held on 10/19 and 10/20. School will not be in session those days
Walk-a-thon walk day- 9/29
4th/6th grade Recorder/Drum concert- 10/5
Popcorn Friday- 10/6
Next PTO meeting- 10/30
Meeting was adjourned at 7:43 pm. Minutes compiled by Ginny Weber